This website, accessible at aiic.asia and aiic.cn (the “Site”), is owned, under copyright of and managed by AIIC Asia-Pacific (“AIIC Asia-Pacific”), the Asia-Pacific region of the International Association of Conference Interpreters – international secretariat (“AIIC“), 46, avenue Blanc, 1202, Geneva, Switzerland.
Acceptance of ToU
The User’s attention is drawn to the fact that the Policies are subject to change at any time, without prior notice. It is the User’s responsibility to verify the content of the Site and its Policies. The continued use of the Site after the posting of changes to these ToU constitutes acceptance of the changes.
Description of Services
AIIC Asia-Pacific provides and operates the following services and features to all Users (the “Basic Services”) through the Site:
- posting of general information about AIIC, AIIC Asia-Pacific and the interpreting profession;
- directory of the members of AIIC Asia-Pacific, with an advanced search engine;
- directory of schools of interpretation (via a link to AIIC’s website available at aiic.org);
- directory of AIIC Consultant Interpreters (via a link to AIIC’s website available at aiic.org).
The following additional services (the “Advanced Services” and, together with the Basic Services, the “Services”) are only accessible for members of AIIC Asia-Pacific having been given a user account as provided for herein (the “User Account”):
- access to the members area (with login);
- various content alert services;
- content served preferentially in the language(s) the User reads.
AIIC Asia-Pacific takes no responsibility for the Services provided through the Site and makes no warranty to the Users for the quality or any other aspect of the Services. Furthermore, AIIC Asia-Pacific shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Services.
User Accounts for Advanced Services
User Accounts may only be obtained and used by the members of AIIC Asia-Pacific having received credentials from AIIC Asia-Pacific (the “Registered User”), at AIIC Asia-Pacific’s discretion.
By registering, the Registered User represents and warrants the following:
- the Registered User is eligible for a User Account under the Policies;
- the personal information the Registered User includes as part of the registration process is accurate and not misleading;
- the Registered User is entitled to access and use the Services according to any laws and / or regulations that may apply to him.
Registered Users agree to update their personal information to be provided if needed and to be solely and entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their User Account, login, password and any activity that may occur through their User Account.
The Registered User shall not give any other person access to the Advanced Services via his login and password.
The Registered User shall immediately notify AIIC of any unauthorized use of its User Account or in the event that the User Account integrity is compromised.
Use of the Services
Users agree not to use the Site to advertise products or services or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services, without prior written approval from AIIC Asia-Pacific.
Users agree not to gather the email addresses provided by the Site or its Services for purposes of spamming or for any non-personal or commercial purposes.
Without the prior written consent of AIIC Asia-Pacific, Users may not frame any of the content of the Site, or incorporate it into another Web site. Requests for permission to frame the Site’s content may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Without the prior written consent of AIIC Asia-Pacific, Users are further prohibited from:
- accessing data not intended for a User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- attempting to interfere with Services to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing” or “crashing”;
- sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- collecting, aggregating, copying, displaying, making any derivative use of the Site;
- using robots, spiders or gathering similar data or using extraction tools without prior written permission from AIIC Asia-Pacific, subject only to general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Site, provided that they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent.
Violations of the system or network security of the Site may result in civil or criminal liability. AIIC Asia-Pacific will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
Exclusion of Registered Users / Termination of Account
In the event of any breach of the Policies or at its discretion, AIIC Asia-Pacific has the right at any time and without explanation to exclude any Registered User and without prior notice by closing down the User Account, to prevent any use of the Site and to block access to the Site or its Services temporarily or indefinitely.
AIIC Asia-Pacific shall have no liability with respect to the termination of any User Account. AIIC Asia-Pacific has the right to sue or claim any damages, in a criminal or civil court against an infringing Registered User.
The Site contains links to third party websites maintained by other content providers. These links are provided solely as a convenience to the User and not as an endorsement by AIIC Asia-Pacific of the content on such third-party sites and AIIC Asia-Pacific hereby disclaims any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party Web sites.
All content and more generally every element displayed on or available through the Site (text, image, sounds, etc.) are the exclusive property of AIIC Asia-Pacific or are used by AIIC Asia-Pacific with express permission of the copyright and/or trademark owner. Requests for permission to reproduce or distribute materials found on the Site should be sent to email@example.com.
AIIC Asia-Pacific grants each User a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to access the Site, as applicable, to use the Services in accordance with the Policies.
All material the User submits to the Site for publication becomes the property of AIIC Asia-Pacific and may be reproduced, modified, and distributed as AIIC Asia-Pacific sees fit in any medium and for any purpose, unless the User specifies any restrictions to its publication.
The User undertakes that the User shall not use the Site to violate anyone’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights. By submitting material and/or content to the Site, the User represents and warrants that the User is the owner of the material and/or content, or the User’s submission is made with the express consent of the owner. Submitting material and/or content that is the property of another, without the authorization of its owner, is not only a violation of these ToU, but may also subject the User to legal liability for infringement of copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
Disclaimers and Indemnity
IF A USER ACCESSES THE SITE AND USES THE SERVICES, THE USER DOES SO AT HIS OWN RISK. THE SITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AIIC and AIIC ASIA-PACIFIC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY AND THE USERS WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
AIIC AND AIIC ASIA-PACIFIC DO NOT WARRANT THAT (A) THE SERVICES WILL MEET THE USER’S REQUIREMENTS; B) THE SERVICES WILL NOT BE INTERRUPTED (C) THE SERVICES WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE AND (D) ANY INFORMATION THAT USERS MAY OBTAIN THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
USERS WHO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE AND SERVICES DO SO UNDER THEIR OWN RESPONSIBILITY AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCALLY APPLICABLE LAWS.
The User agrees to indemnify and hold AIIC and AIIC Asia-Pacific, its officers, subsidiaries, their owners, officers, and employees harmless from any and all claims, demands or other liabilities, including legal fees and costs, that are made by any third party due to or arising from the User’s use of the Site and/or Services or the User’s breach of these ToU.
If any provision of these ToU is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible so as to reflect the intent of the parties.
The remaining provisions of the ToU shall continue in full force and effect without being impaired or invalidated in any way.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
These ToU and all matters arising out of or relating to these ToU shall be governed by the substantive laws of Switzerland, without regard to the principle of conflicts of laws thereof.
Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or in relation to these ToU shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ordinary courts of the Canton of Geneva, unless otherwise required by mandatory Applicable law, and with the exception of an appeal to the Swiss Supreme Court.